Happy New Year!
One of my memories from years-ago is seeing Father Time and Baby Time as one year ended, and the next started. I can’t say that I have seen it recently. Did it someway fall to political correctness?
I sat Thursday night as the clock neared midnight, considering the past year’s events and wondering what the new year holds in store.
My wife and I were blessed this year:
- We are healthy compared to many others our ages.
- Our son’s and my daughter’s families are healthy.
- Those with jobs are working, a true blessing.
- Lockdown has limited our expenditures and improved our finances.
What do we hope for this year?
- My wife and I hope to remain healthy.
- Our children and their families to stay healthy.
- Those working will strive to remain so.
- Even with the new vaccines, lockdowns will remain in effect for months over concern about a new strain of COVID.
These are the things I mused while waiting for midnight—nothing elaborate or complicated, just thankful for my health and a loving family.
Resolutions for the new year:
- Work to keep my health and find the new year.
That’s it. No resolution to drink less or stop smoking. These would be false resolutions since I quit both years ago. No, living to see 2022 is a good one to make.
Share your resolutions using the comment form.